Re: LRO: French car

From: Paul (l.andie@btinternet.com)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 14:38:04 EDT

    In article
    <563C1B129660A542947B7DB4B3630CD4021B1F62@xch-nw-07.nw.nos.boeing.com>,
    Marin Faure wrote:
    > I'm not that familiar with Citroen models. Is the DS21 the long,
    > slopy, angular one with the adjustable road height? In the same
    > family as the big black Citroen's you used to see on the news
    > carrying French government officials in?

    Thats the one. It started life as the DS19. DS is actually a French
    pun. It is prounounced Dee Ess, which means Goddess in French.

     A later entry level version of the DS was called ID, again a pun. Idee
    means Idea.

     In the UK suspension spares for Citroens are not too expensive. A good
    source being a company in Glatton, Cambridgeshire called Pliedes.

     I understand the founder was an aircraft engineer, so he has a
    thorough grounding in high pressure hydraulics!

     Paul