Re: LRO: No Subject

From: Peter Ogilvie (konacoffee2@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 13:19:11 EDT

    As an addition. You don't want to drive in low range with the front hubs
    unlocked because the extreme low gearing would all be thrown onto the rear
    axle to transfer to the ground. Depending on the state of your clutch, it
    can be jerky getting started in low range and severely stress the rear axle.
      With the hubs locked, the stress is at least partially spred between all 4
    wheels.

    Don't know if the later full time types would be as forgiving as the series
    part time transfer case. Wonder how the guy is doing that bought an '88 RR
    only to discover that the front drive shaft was missing?? He was still
    trying to find the seller and find out why the seller had neglected to
    mention the driveshaft's absence or the reason for same, the last time I
    heard.

    Aloha
    Peter O.