LRO: RR's and getting ready II

From: Scott Wickham Jr. (urbncby@sgi.net)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 20:17:28 EDT

      I got my rad back from the rad shop. Verdict: Not clogged. But, leaking
    at 3 corners. In the truck it goes. While we're filling the rad (I pulled
    the thermostat by the way. Might put it back in later) I can see the water
    flowing out the top tubes inside the rad. So I'm thinking the water pump is
    ok. Bought new rad cap, one extra pound of pressure (up to 16lbs). Drove
    Lucy up a big, winding hill and the temp gauge is half way between the 2
    little dots and the red. When I got to the top and drove on the level a
    little it cooled off some, leaning back toward the dots. I'm going to run
    it on the turnpike in a few minutes to see what she does. Might put the
    thermostat back in and run the same road again. A friend said sometimes
    with no thermo the water flows too fast and the truck will overheat. So,
    I'm off for a test drive. Cross your fingers ;)

    Scooter