Re: LRO: Chevy V6

From: car4doc (car4doc@core.com)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 19:57:11 EDT

    Peter,
    The plan was to detune the 4.3 engine down to about 180 HP for longer
    life. The trans on any car can be destroyed if you abuse it. I drive
    highways & plan to do little rock climbing with the LR. My 109 has the
    extra weight of the camper conversion (DORMOBILE) as well. I expect the
    stock Trans to last well with care. I also have a overdrive which I
    expect will be an issue at some point but which gives me a great gear
    selection choices.
    Rob Davis_chicago