Re: LRO: RE: Best solo brake bleeder yet

From: Jeff Berg (jeff@purpleshark.com)
Date: Sun Jun 17 2001 - 12:19:15 EDT

    I use the pressure bleeder "manufactured" (using a plastic garden
    sprayer) by Steve D'Gerolamo's Ultimate Garage and I like it just
    fine. Steve uses (extremely high quality) quick release airline
    fittings to connect the caps to the bleeder. You also get a very
    fancy milled aluminum cap appropriate for BMWs.

    I bought a pair (brake and clutch master) of plastic caps from AB,
    drilled a hol in each, and mounted male quick-disconnect air
    fittings. You dump brake fluid into the bleeder. Pressurize it to
    15-20 pounds and crack the valve on the end of the hose.

    Having seen the one I purchased, I could have easily built it from
    parts available at Home Depot and bought the BMW cap, and possibly
    the superior disconnects, separately through Steve.

    "Forced Fluid" Pressure bleeding is definitely the easiest (and
    neatest/cleanest) way to go.

    jeff