Re: LRO: Re: Oil pressure question. + Show in Victoria.

From: Paul Quin (pquin@home.com)
Date: Sat Jun 16 2001 - 12:36:59 EDT

    I'd suspect the pressure switch.

    FWIW the oil pressure on my truck is very sensitive to the oil level. Right
    on the full mark the oil pressure is rock solid at 40 psi even at idle.
    Anything below half way on the dipstick and the oil pressure drops to around
    20 psi at idle (800 rpm). Mind you the difference between 'full' and 'add'
    on my Land Rover is almost 3 litres !!

    If I let the level drop to the add line, then the oil pump will start
    sucking air during heavy braking or steep downslopes.

    Paul Quin
    1961 SII 88
    Victoria, BC.

    Ps. Any lurkers in the Victoria area might want to check out the Father's
    Day British Car Show at Beacon Hill Park on Sunday. Should be a few Land
    Rovers there.