LRO: cripes!

From: Frank Elson (frankelson@felson.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 15:16:40 EDT

    The following was posted to the UK list today.

    'I advertised, over 12 months ago, my old 2.25 three bearing diesel
    engine.
    I had a phone call this morning from a dealer in car spares who was
    looking for an engine for an overseas customer's Discovery. He wanted to
    know whether the engine I had for sale (for £150) was a 200 or 300 ! I
    tried to point out that a 200 or 300 TDi would cost him at least £1500
    but he said I was being ridiculous and he could get one for "a couple of
    hundred". He didn't know the difference between 2.25 NA's and TDi's so
    some poor sod abroad might get a old three bearing as a replacement for
    a Discovery Tdi '

    I know no-one on this list would be that naive, but it does make you think
    that you should be a bit careful when ordering parts from the UK.
     I've asked the lister if he got the guy's company details, we could do with
    bearing him in mind...

    Best Cheers

    Frank
         "(o)======(o)" Bronze Green 110 CSW