LRO: Re: Freewheel hubs

From: Eyekelly@aol.com
Date: Sat Jun 16 2001 - 00:47:34 EDT

    I know that engaging the free wheel hubs occasionally is a Good Thing for
    keeping the oil circulating in the front axle, but why not just engage
    4-wheel drive occasionally? Let the transfer case do the work. Press the
    little old yellow lever from time to time and then you don't have to leave
    the warm cosy comfort of your Series heated cabin. Not that it concerns us
    much here in sunny California where we welcome the exercise.

    Ian Kelly

    1970 Series IIA

    "Slow but Relentless"