Re: LRO: Temp Question

From: Peter Ogilvie (konacoffee2@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 01:39:35 EDT

    Your probably running a bit cold. From the temperature your running would
    say either the thermostat has failed open or is not installed. There are
    three thermostats of varying temperature 74, 82, and 88 degrees C. You'd
    probably want to run the hottest one in the winter to generate heat for the
    heater and the coldest in the summer. I've apparently got the 82 degree one
    as mine seems to run fine at that temperature year around. Of course its
    been awhile since it got anywhere near freezing here, but that one might be
    a good year around choice if heat wasn't that important. The 2 1/4 takes a
    skirted type of thermostat, I believe, so you have to specify that type if
    you wander down to your local NAPA store for a thermostat. The last time I
    bought one, believe they still had the rover in their books.

    Aloha
    Peter O