RE: LRO: Land Rover Price in 1959?

From: Keith Tanner (keith@miata.net)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 15:28:13 EDT

    >Well I was a sports car prior to the that IIa and already had all the
    >speeding citations my license could handle and still remain valid. The
    >Land Rover probably saved me from a multi year suspension.

    That's actually one of the reasons I bought my IIa instead of the Lotus
    Seven I was eyeing. I need something to offset my Miata.

    >Funny you should mention that. It was indeed by Dick O'Kane (whatever
    >happened to him anyway?) and it appeared in Road&Track in July of
    >'69....same month I took delivery. Great story... a few months later the
    >dealer had a stack of 'em as handouts. I still have that issue among the
    >detritus here.

    That story is in the Brooklands collection as well, along with the artwork.
    It's a great book - very interesting reading for those of us who weren't
    around to read the stories on initial publication :)

    Keith Tanner
    Keith's page de home:
        http://keith.miata.net