LRO: Re: Land Rover Price in 1959?

From: Phil Norris (phil.norris@virgin.net)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 13:06:10 EDT

    Not on our side of the ocean, I got my 84 110 SW for £1800 in December. You
    guys really suffer from the import gap losing you S111s and earlier 110/90s,
    also the limited numbers imported. The luxury tag the RR got seems to have
    rubbed off on the defender range too (!!), which is also unfortunate,
    price-wise.
    Over here they're farm/utilities/country vehicles, Mall-roaders stick to
    Discos and RRs, not Defenders. Parts are cheap, clubs are plentiful and
    play-sites are open despite F&M!!
    Shame, really. Enthusiasts end up suffering for their "art" as usual!
    Sorry to be smug, but all my teen years I yearned for flathead Fords,
    narrow-tire 'rods, '32 Deuces Moon discs and the "drive-in" scene of
    American Graffiti et al and had to settle for "Happy Days" every week and
    whitewalls on my Mini!!
    Brgds
    PhilN