LRO: Re: True Brits (was Guiness)

From: Frank Elson (frankelson@felson.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 17:33:13 EDT

    you're not a million miles out Clinton.
     But there is a difference between 'the' British and 'a' Briton...and the
    country the 'mob' came over to is Britain...

    did your cousin in law explain why the Welsh are the only true Britons?
     It's 'cos when the Romans arrived they retreated to the mountains of Wales
    and hid themselves.
     The rest had a bit of a fight, lost and were still around when the Vikings
    (my ancestors) appeared, and when the Angles, Saxons (and Jutes, everyone
    forgets the Jutes) and then the Normans arrived.
     Well this lot got to partying and nature took its course.
     Meanwhile the Welsh/Britons were still hiding in their caves, frightened to
    come out. Of course nature still had to take it's course - which is why
    there are only a handful of surnames in Wales :-)>

    Best Cheers

    Frank
         "(o)======(o)" Bronze Green 110 CSW