Re: LRO: RE: Turbo or Supercharge was Re: Engine/Trans Swap

From: David Scheidt (dscheidt@tumbolia.com)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 13:36:21 EDT

    On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Alan Richer/CAM/Lotus wrote:

    :
    :Screw the whole engine thing, go electric. Tons of torque, lowest gearing
    :you could imagine.
    :
    :Matt
    :
    :Go ahead, Matt. it would be perfect for the driveway - and we could even
    :paint "Power WHeels" on it for you.....
    :
    : aj"Not in my truck, thank'ee..."r

    I don't know, al, a gas turbine driven generator, battery packs, and wheel
    motors ought to be lighter than the 2.25 and rover tranny. I'm sure it
    would be at least as fast. Anyone want to lend me a million bucks to build
    the prototype?

    --
    dscheidt@tumbolia.com
    Bipedalism is only a fad.