Re: LRO: Re: Engine/Trans Swap

From: Alan Richer/CAM/Lotus (Alan_Richer@Lotus.com)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 10:28:50 EDT

    Jeff Ham from Virginia was working on just such a system
    and had a prototype running on his Series beast at the 1998
    Mid-Atlantic Rally. It used a small Mistubishi Supercharger. I
    believe development of the system continues...

    I remember this unit - he had the turbo head (minus the exhaust-side
    plumbing) belted to a small electric motor. On-demand compressor, in other
    words. Saw it at the infamous AB "We're moving so come clean the warehouse"
    rally...

    He said that the performance increase was quite noticeable when the
    compressor was kicked in.

                        aj"Turbo boost - what is this - "Knight Rider"?"r