Re: LRO: Re: Engine/Trans Swap

From: Hope Peter (hope_peter@bah.com)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 14:51:13 EDT

    > I was a big fan of the Powerstroke until a damn sensor failed and left me
    > stranded yesterday. No limp home mode, nothing. Dead. Amazing how a
    little
    > thing like that sensor can turn an amazing powerplant like that into a
    boat
    > anchor. I miss my regular ol' 7.3 no DI, no Turbo, nothing to tear up.

    Hmmmmm
    Recently on the Mendo list I was asking about this....well about computer
    controlled petrol engines and their reliability. I mentioned how I had seen
    sensors and stuff fail when I was still working in a shop and leave people
    stranded. "Ohhhh no, never stranded, you can always limp home" I was told.
    Sorry this happened to ya Winn, but glad to know I have been vindicated.
    Just say no to computerised engine controls.

    Pete