LRO: Clutch slave etc.

From: mstockdale@mho.net
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 15:51:03 EDT

    Jim, Allan, Bill and Garrick;

    This lengthening of the pushrod trick causes me great confusion.

    First off Garrick and Travis have differant set-ups, Garrick is a SII and
    Travis has a SIIA in his SIII. These are very similar, hovever the difference
    may be part of the problem. I personally have a SII and have pondered this
    very same lack of clutch actuation often.
    First lets all look and make sure that the Master cylinder is providing full
    stroke thereby putting the most fluid to the slave cylinder. Secondly lets
    look at the amount of play at the throw out mechanism. The rotational play of
    the shaft prior to making the forks push the bearing/sleeve into contact with
    the pressure plate. Thirdly I would sugesst that we start with the piston
    pushed back as far as possible into the slave cylinder. Now rotate the
    throwout shaft until contact is made with the pressure plate. Adjust the slave
    cylinder rod to make contact with the outer face of the piston. If the rod is
    to short at it longest then allow the piston to move down in the slave cylinder
    until it contacts the shaft. Bleed the system now.

    So here we have the master cylinder set to move the most fluid, the throw out
    ready to press on the pressure plate and hydraulics ready to fill the slave as
    a result of the displacement in the master cylinder.

    Are there any faults to this practice? please reply.

    Hurricane Mitch and the Red Dinosaur
    (Bill, are you studying
    French?)

    This message was sent using MHO WebMail.
    http://www.mho.net