Re: LRO: Missing Front Drive Shaft

From: Mark Pilkington (mark@skywagons.com)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 12:41:03 EDT

    John,
        There are a number of reasons the front drive shaft would be missing.
    1) There was something wrong with it.
    2) There is something wrong with the transfer case
    3) Feeble attempt at getting more MPG out of a Rangie by making it 2WD
    (it is still having to push it's front driveline with the front wheels and
    causing friction and drag because there are no Free Wheeling Hubs)
    It must be an older RR. That cannot be good for the transfer case, can it?
    Just thinking out loud, you'll get more technical answers from some of the
    other more mechanically minded LR Owners.
    Kind regards,
    Mark Pilkington
    Owner of two Dormobiles!