Re: LRO: British Beer

From: Ivan Van Laningham (ivanlan@pauahtun.org)
Date: Sat Jun 09 2001 - 22:26:50 EDT

    Hi All--

    Phil Norris wrote:

    > Isn't that the one YOU were going to get for your "research, honest, dear"!!
    > Go on!!

    Yes, it's that one, but I never was going to buy it. I tried to
    convince my wife that she would really like it, but I'm afraid I
    failed. She thinks a car is just a car.

    Today, we were out driving around and saw a green something-or-other
    pass us with "Deb's Toy" artfully painted on the trunk lid in a 50's
    Starlight Drive-In font. Audrey looked at it, and said, "I'm going to
    paint 'Audrey's Transportation if She's not Taking the Bus' on the trunk
    of the Nissan."

    I encouraged her to do so, once I had managed to stop laughing.

    > Hows the post-lady coming along btw, did she drive a L-R in the end?

    Indeed. The story's turning into a book; there will be some nice Landy
    bits in there.

    >Brgds
    > PhilN

    Metta,
    Ivan

    PS: I drove by the '63 sII today, and it's still for sale.

    --
    Ivan Van Laningham
    Symantec
    Author:  Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours