LRO: galvanized cappings

From: Rich Williams II (richw@nwlink.com)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2001 - 18:29:03 EDT

    When people paint their Series trucks what do they do about the galvanized
    body cappings and other realed galv'd bits?

    Leave them be? Paint them? Re-galvy?

    And on the rear tub, those dome-shaped rivets look like they could be
    trouble - and what about replacing them?

    On the galv'd bits, were they originally hot-dipped or were they
    electro-plated Zn?

    Now I am not, I repeat NOT, making this any sort of show truck. All I want
    to do is a nice respectable job that the truck rightly deserves.

    Thanks,

    Rich
    SII 109SW