Re: LRO: Megatester

From: David Scheidt (dscheidt@tumbolia.com)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 23:41:06 EDT

    On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Jeff Berg wrote:

    :
    :The MegatesterdDoesn't replace a multi-meter...but might make a nice
    :addition to one's emergency kit--just add a 12-volt test lamp.
    :

    Oh, if you're going to carry a test lamp, it's absolutely trivial to make
    one will work as a powered continuity tester using a 9V battery and an extra
    piece of wire and a couple gator clips.

    Of course, if you've planned ahead to actually *carry* these things,
    (instead of making one out of bits at the sidwe of the road. Not that
    *I* have ever done that. Oh, no. Not me!) why not spend a few more
    dollars and get a multimeter? I paid all of $10 for the one I carry
    around in the rover. It's good enough for the electrics in a series,
    and even has some things that are perfectly useless in a series, like a
    diode tester...

    --
    dscheidt@tumbolia.com
    Bipedalism is only a fad.