Re: LRO: Re: disk brakes conversion

From: Bryan Hoult (bhoult@peoplepc.com)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 14:52:23 EDT

    Thanks to the efforts of one or two infamous innovators out here in the west, you more or less can't swing a dead cat without hitting a hybrid. It's getting worse, as they are becoming more and more common. I feel somewhat unique in trifling over a frame over on the 109 and not opting to go coily. I have instead opted to go parabolic, and spend disproportionately on the engine, trans and axles. I do not weld well enough to pull off the frame mods for coils, and therefor would have to spend hugely to do the conversion. But for those with the money and or the skills, it has become de rigor.

    Bryan
    62 88
    70 109

    On Wed, 06 June 2001, "Alan Richer/CAM/Lotus" wrote:

    > How do you fit RR axles to a Series?
    > I have heard it is almost impossible due to suspension.
    >
    > Weld spring perches to the axle casings maybe? Might have to swap around
    > some bits on the front axle to move the armsaway from the springs...but I
    > believe this is a not-uncommon conversion in the UK.
    >
    > ajr

    PeoplePC: It's for people. And it's just smart.
    http://www.peoplepc.com