RE: LRO: Slowing down windscreen wipers

From: DaveB (rovergawd@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 10:53:54 EDT

    --- Easton Trevor A <trevor_easton@dofasco.ca> wrote:

    > > ajr
    > But you still really need a park position.
    > I just had the inspiration. Put a small hall effect device inside
    > the gearbox to sense the crank position. When the crank is not in the
    > park
    > position turn the motor on.

    once a month, apply rain-x to the windshield, following the directions
    on the bottle. you won't need your wipers except at night in heavy rain
    with oncoming headlights, or with cars behind you shining their
    headlights onto the inside of your windscreen. In a series rover, no
    one is behind you for long anyway.

    but I know you guys just like talking about this stuff. I have one of
    two motors working, so I guess I'll have to rebuild one, to pass
    inpsection. Or take it off entirely and try to convince them to let it
    pass with only one.