Re: LRO: Re: Tires - oops - Tyres

From: Peter Ogilvie (konacoffee2@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 20:42:33 EDT

    How are you supposed to rotate radial tires. Back in the dark ages we were
    told to only rotate front to back so the tires always rolled in the same
    direction. Ply separation was 'sposed to result if the rotation got turned
    around, hear that Firestone. Bias plies had that rather complex rotation of
    front to back with crossover and one into trunk that I never could commit to
    memory. Anyway, are we 'sposed to rotate side to side as well as front to
    back with radials, now?? If we are, why is it suddenly okay with radials??
    I had ply separation when I did the old style bias rotation with my first
    set of radials.

    Aloha
    Peter O