Re: LRO: RE: Optima battery anyone? Good price

From: Tom Rowe (trowe@attglobal.net)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 13:58:27 EDT

    On Tue, 5 Jun 2001 10:50:44 -0400, Tackley, John wrote:

    >I bought the genuine, original Optima Yellow top at a recent LR rally (Old
    >North State's Uwharrie Safari) for $89 from 4X4 Connection, obviously a
    >great price which also avoided shipping charges. We are attempting to round
    >up vendors for ROAV's Mid Atlantic Rally October 5-7 and hopefully 4X4
    >Connection will be one of them...good folks.
    snip

    You may want to check into an Exide dealer coming. Looking at the two batteries, at
    least the deep cycle seems nicer in the Exide version, 4 top posts plus two side posts.
    The regular one, equiv to the Optima red top, has two top and two side posts.
    I've never done a side by side comparison, just commenting on external features.
    Cheers

    Tom Rowe
    Atlanta, GA

    Four wheel drive allows you to get stuck
            in places even more inaccessible