Re: LRO: Steering Relay Removal

From: Rich & Lori Williams (paddlers@nwlink.com)
Date: Sun Jun 03 2001 - 15:11:58 EDT

    Well as luck would have it, the relay basically just popped right our this
    morning.

    Before I left the garage last night I doused the whole thing in WD-40 and
    let it sit. This morning I gave it another flushing with WD-40 and the
    bottom flange came right off with a few light taps from the side of a
    wrench.

    The main unit lifted out with a little pulling and twinsting but not a full
    muscle's worth.

    Now that it's out, what do I want to look for when sorting through the
    thing? Some have mentioned replacing seals and gaskets. Anything in
    particular? Anthing peculiar about these things I should be aware of before
    digging in?

    And many thanks to all of you online and off that sent me many helpful
    suggestions.

    Rich