Re: LRO: Re: Re: Tuning by eye

From: Frank Elson (frankelson@felson.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 09:48:51 EDT

    Peter Ogilvie writes:>>>Asbestos is not the big bugaboo that the health nuts
    would have you believe,
    > by the way. Asbestos is a naturally occurring substance, especially in
    the
    > Western American Desserts. It does not cause lung cancer, ala cigarettes,
    > but a cancer of the the lining of the outside of the lung. <<

    In the UK it even has a name. Asbestosis, is an inflammation of the lung
    lining. It is not lung cancer.
     So that's alright then. Is it OK if I go back to the little village in the
    Pennines I once went to to interview six men living in one street all dying
    of asbestosis as a result of working in a factory?
    I went back six times after that, to funerals.
     I'll tell their families its not a big bugaboo...
    Best Cheers

    Frank
         "(o)======(o)" Bronze Green 110 CSW