Re: LRO: Re: Re: Tuning by eye

From: Peter Ogilvie (konacoffee2@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 00:23:51 EDT

    It is best not to ingest asbestos dust, period. But if you did, its not a
    death sentence. Some people worked around, in and on top of asbestos their
    whole lives and weren't effected. I did it innocently for more than a year.
      Others have had problems with relatively brief exposures. In almost all
    cases, we're talking intense involvment with airborn particles, however.
    You'd have to be damn unlucky to get either cancer or asbestosis from the
    brief encounters of the typical Rover hobbiest. Steve McQueen was one of
    the unlucky ones. He probably was exposed racing dirt bikes in the
    California Deserts. Now doesn't that make all you Mojave habitue's feel
    good!!

    We've wasted billions of dollars on a witch hunt for asbestos in its stable,
    non powder state. Hell the State Legislators here in Hawaii blew 65 million
    dollars (Initial estimate was $16,000,000) on de-asbestosing the capitol
    building. Just the group that might of benefited from a good whiff of the
    stuff. I think the term is 'frangible', but in any case, if its not ground
    down to a fine dust, its harmless.

    Aloha
    Peter O.