LRO: Camshaft Installation

From: artbitt@netscape.net
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 15:04:55 EDT

    Hey all!

    In the process of rebuilding my "Spare" Series II engine. Got block bored .040 over, crank .020 under and head with new hardened seat, all new valves with 3 angle job etc.

    Was slow at the shop Saturday, so we started reassembling the engine. Got the crank and pistons in; with the new bearings of course, spins nicely.

    After waiting on a customer, started sticking the cam in. Goes in nicely until we get to the second (from the front) cam bearing. Ain't no way the cam is going in past it. We even managed to knock it out of it's seat (knocked back in place with a whittled down piece of 2X4.)

    Gave up after a while. Any ideas?

                         Art
                         1960 SII "Aardvark"

    --