LRO: The benefits of lurking

From: kyle vandyke (k_vandyke@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 01:47:04 EDT

Hello all,
  Just wanted to thank all board members who had described the clutch
unsticking procedure on this board in the past. I've been working on my
rover for the past 14 months (with very little prior automotive knowledge)
and reading most of the posts just in case any similar problem ever happened
to me.
   Yesterday, after she's been sitting in the driveway for the past six
months, I finally got her restarted only to find that the clutch wouldn't
engage. I'd replaced all the clutch hydraulics (months ago) and everything
seemed to be moving correctly but no functional clutch. Then I remembered
other folks decribing the same problem and being told about the clutch
sticking to the flywheel. I tried starting her up in gear a few times then
ping! fully operational clutch.
  Just thought it was cool to draw on the knowledge I've learned while
lurking and to actually fix something.
Thanks,
Kyle Van Dyke
1971 SIIA 109