Re: LRO: Gas tank float

From: Bruce D. Fowler (bf71iia@mint.net)
Date: Mon May 28 2001 - 21:06:25 EDT

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Keith Tanner
    :>The floats I've looked at have been hollow platic. (I think I've seen one
    :>made of brass, too.) Styrofoam I'd expect to disolve in gasoline in short
    :>order.
    :
    :I don't suppose a fishing float would work? Naah, that would be too cheezy
    :and probably melt in the gas. But it's easier to get than a brass one :)
    :
    :Is rubber gasoline-proof? Obviously it can be produced that way, but as a
    :general rule?
    :
    Keith,

    I stole the cork from a stone jug in my kitchen to replace the fuel logged
    float in my ser.II seven or eight years ago.
    Still seems to be working.
    ISTR having to bend the arm a few times so the gauge would read correctly.

    Bruce F.