Re: LRO: RE: Gas tank float

From: Peter Ogilvie (konacoffee2@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon May 28 2001 - 15:55:45 EDT

    Actually I think its negative earth Rovers. Seem to recall all my negative
    earth trucks have a brass or some similar type alloy float. Oh, by the way,
    its cylindrical not spherical.

    The float arms on these trucks were rather ingeniously adjusted for length.
    The sender had a pickup arm that stuck into the tank and the float had a
    similar arm attached. They just overlapped the two arm so the float was at
    the proper length then soldered the two arms together with two globs of
    solder. It might be a way to attach an ersatz float to the old arm
    especially if its plastic or some other heat affected float

    Aloha
    Peter Ogilvie
    Kona Coffee Rover
    1970 88 soft top, 'huli' Mine since '84 but recovering
         from exposure of the dark side.
    1966 109 pickup 'slime' In my garage since '90, finally running.
    1965 88 parts car, slowly sinking into the lava.
    196? 88 hard top, possibly 'phoenix' if it rises, it will
         certainly be from ashes or at least a pile of rust