Re: LRO: Looking good

From: Peter Ogilvie (konacoffee2@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon May 28 2001 - 15:44:36 EDT

    Must admit my soft top and/or topless Rovers get a lot of favorable, almost
    lustful looks and comments, from young women. I'm not sure I'd relish the
    attention from the types of women, however, if I was still in the market for
    the attention. Most seem to be under 20, dress in a way that used to
    indicate their professional status, and have more body piercings than my
    Rover by a factor of 3 or 4. Sometimes, even the bodywork on the Rover is
    in better condition. Might be that most of my recent in town trips seem to
    be to Walmart. Definitely not the Abercrombie and Fitch crowd in that
    parking lot.

    Yes, a Series Rover seems to attract overt attention from the Ladies, but
    I'm not sure that term accurately describes them.

    Aloha
    Peter Ogilvie
    Kona Coffee Rover
    1970 88 soft top, 'huli' Mine since '84 but recovering
         from exposure of the dark side.
    1966 109 pickup 'slime' In my garage since '90, finally running.
    1965 88 parts car, slowly sinking into the lava.
    196? 88 hard top, possibly 'phoenix' if it rises, it will
         certainly be from ashes or at least a pile of rust

    >From: Keith Tanner <keith@miata.net>
    >>I've had experiences that suggest that series rovers work pretty well as
    >>chick magnents, particularly soft tops. Works at least until they notice
    >>the lack of radio, air-con, and any sort of sound-deadening.

    One thing I have noticed