Re: LRO: RE: Marvel Mystery

From: NADdMD@aol.com
Date: Sun May 27 2001 - 06:40:05 EDT

    A sage man once wrote:

    << I can guarantee you that 90% of all professional mechanics can't
     reason at a high enough level to figure that out. Most couldn't fix a
     lawn mower with $100 bill. Marin's problem is listening to professional
     mechanics. >>

    That should be in stone somewhere. Most mechanics draw their conclusions
    from their personal experience and that of their friends.--it is a typical
    syndrome, small sample, one or two bad outcomes, possibly due to inexperience
    and a definitive conclusion drawn

    I see this all the time from surgeons with an experience of 1 case ("Oh boy,
    this is a real bad actor, seen it before") The hard part is trying to
    educate past this premature conclusion which soon becomes a personal belief.

    Nate