LRO: Re: Re: Marvel mystery oil

From: Alex Maiolo (Rovernut@nc.rr.com)
Date: Fri May 25 2001 - 18:26:34 EDT

    Marin-
    Sometimes I think *you* have bananas in *your* rocker cover...
    Seriously, do you really lump MMO in with snake oil like Slick 50? One is a
    miracle cure, and the other is an additive that helps old engines operate
    smoother as they age and move into this time of designer fuels for which
    they weren't designed.
    I think stuff like High Tach, which keeps your gears gooey after the oil has
    settled, has done a good job preventing my diffs, ODs, etc from wearing -
    it's not used to restore a worn out piece of trash. Neither is MMO.

    Just my .02
    Alex Maiolo
    Chapel Hill NC