Re: LRO: RE: Rock sliders

From: William J. Rice (jarvis64@juno.com)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 15:36:39 EDT

    The soviets had a similar setup on their armored reconnaissance
    vehicle--the BRDM. This baby (which only has 4 wheels) has a pair of
    chain driven wheels on each side in the middle of the thing that look
    like they're hydraulically lowered when you get hi-centered. Their
    military vehicles are super, super well made (i.e. low tolerances, idiot
    proof, and lots and lots of common sense ideas incorporated, like the BMP
    coming equipped with a side-mounted log to chain across the tracks when
    you get stuck.)

    bill