Re: LRO: Tranny Problems

From: David Scheidt (dscheidt@tumbolia.com)
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 18:50:33 EDT

    On Wed, 23 May 2001, Todd Kendrick wrote:

    : So I took my over drive off thinking the problem w/ my tranny was
    : the loose mainshaft nut. The nut was little loose but not as much
    : as I was hoping. So instead of putting the OD back on I just put
    : the mainshaft bearing housing back on. Now the truck will not
    : move. In the forward gears I get no noise or anything; in reverse
    : it gives a spinning/whining sound from the gearbox. I have the
    : tried the t-case in lo and hi range and no difference. Am I missing
    : something here ? So I go back and try and put the OD back on and

    Er, the gear that connects the tranny and transfer box, it soounds like. It
    comes off when you install the OD, and needs to go back in when you remove
    the OD>

    David

    --
    dscheidt@tumbolia.com