LRO: Re: Solex and Rustoleum

From: Tim Czajka (timczajka@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 15:32:00 EDT

    Mitch Stockdale wrote:
    >The Red Dinosaur is painted Rusto-Regal Red, ...It does fade nicely after
    >about 5 years.

    Back in my poor college days, in a fit of madness, I painted
    my 65 Mustang with rattle can Zylon red. The cheap garbage
    started to fade and chalk within the year, and soon everyone
    who brushed against that car had a souvenir of red paint on
    their clothing.

    Although not as bad as my friend who painted his 67 Chevy
    pickup with black Rustoleum. Then volunteered to pull a float
    in a parade two days later - with the paint still tacky. After
    a day of coeds piled in the back, climbing in and out - so
    much for the shiny paint job. There after it was known as
    the finger print mobile for obvious reasons.

    Tim Czajka
    1972 Series III 88