LRO: Re: Brakes Again

From: Paul Quin (pquin@home.com)
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 11:46:17 EDT

    I had very similar symptoms with mine. The steady posts on all four of my backing plates were loose. This is the post opposite the wheel cylinder that the other end of the brake shoe rests (and pivots) on. If these are loose, they will shift under braking load causing all sorts of ass puckering consequences... Take the shoes off and wiggle the post around. I had mine welded back on.

    Paul in Victoria.