LRO: bum tranny

From: Jean-Leon Morin (offroaddesign@softhome.net)
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 11:45:05 EDT

    Hello list,

    through my trials and tribulations (4000 km road trip), I have managed to
    break the tranny output shaft on my transmission.

    I am now looking for a transmission output shaft... Here's the catch. I have
    a ford tranny. I only need a certain part of the rover tranny output
    shaft,that will be grafted to the ford tranny. I am looking for the bit that
    fits into the transfer case, from about 1/2" past the splines, to the end.

    If anyone in the Ottawa area has a toasted (I do mean dead) transmission, or
    has one of these shafts loose, I want it! Remember, the end that is splined
    for the tranny does not have to be good. I just need the T case end, the
    rest will be made into razor blades. Broken, beat or bashed shafts welcome,
    as long as the T case end is good...

    thanks,

    Jean-Leon Morin
    AKA "Dr. Detroit"