Re: LRO: Distributors pollution vs. non-pollution control

From: Peter Ogilvie (konacoffee2@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 23:50:42 EDT

    I don't think they put on a different distributor until after 1970, at
    least. My '70 88 had the old style distributor. It only had 45,000 miles
    on it when I bought it, so doubt the distributor had been changed. It also
    had no other pollution devices other than a PCV valve. Seem to remember
    looking at another low mileage '70 that had the same set up as mine.
    Someone may have snuck in there and changed something, but doubt it. 1968
    was a significant year for passenger auto's but seem to remember that
    pollution devices weren't mandated on trucks until later. Possibly the
    introduction of the series III in '72. Of course, California may have had
    different, more stringent pollution standards earlier, so all bets are off
    for trucks originally imported into the people's republic.

    Aloha
    Peter