Re: LRO: differential play.

From: Alan Richer/CAM/Lotus (Alan_Richer@Lotus.com)
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 11:21:32 EDT

    >Oops forgot to add, new ujoints and drive shafts have been installed, the
    >play is definately in the differential.
    >It is enough that I get a clunk if I am changing directions
    >(forward/reverse)
    >Pete

    You and everybody else.....<grin>

    Don't worry about it. You want clunks drive a Range Rover.....the Series
    noise will pale in comparison.

    Seriously, the play that is in there is simply the clearances in the
    differentials - this has to be there to prevent the tooth pressures from
    being a problem.

    Don't worry about it.

                        ajr