Re: LRO: Re: whats a broken koenig worth

From: Peter Ogilvie (konacoffee2@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 20:47:55 EDT

    I've seen a couple of complete working koenig winches offered at from
    $700-$1,000. Don't know whether they sold or what they actually sold for.

    Personally, I'd want an abused, partial, broken windlass to be given to me.
    The work involved in getting this one fixed sounds like a major operation.
    If you don't have a buddy who'll do the machine work for beer, you could be
    into a lot of bucks just to get all the parts that you need. Disassembly,
    time spent rustling up parts, rebuilding the winch, head scratching, and it
    could be cheaper to buy a complete Rover with the winch installed.

    Aloha
    Peter