LRO: anti rattle springs

From: William J. Rice (jarvis64@juno.com)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 16:04:39 EDT

    TA asked,
    "Why bungie cord the red lever to keep it from rattling when you can just

    replace the cheap stock anti rattle spring?"

    Yeah, every morning before leaving the house . . . I did this job once
    and I think the thing fell out pretty promptly. I've heard tell of
    people wiring them in. Which reminds me that my floor's currently out
    and I have a new (well, new for me) tranny sitting there and a new spare
    anti-rattle spring (figured it was futile to install it after the 1st
    one's demise) so maybe I should throw it in there now. Should I wire it
    in place or is there some sort of incantation I need to recite when
    putting it in there to make it stay?

    bill