Re: LRO: Re: RE: Re: 2 Land Rover related questions

From: Hope Peter (hope_peter@bah.com)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 02:02:26 EDT

    > BIG problem is a lot of Yahoos in lifted,
    > big wheel trucks insist on taking the center lane even around blind turns.
    > The only relatively safe time to take the road is at night when you can
    see
    > the oncoming headlights before the vehicle.

    Luckily all the yahoos must have been home with their moms yesterday. Good
    thing too cause we were in the cloads/rain from PTA all the way into Hilo
    (about 35 miles). The raod is posted 45mph just about the whole distance,
    and unless you are in a properly set up sports car, there are some turns I
    wouldn't have attempted at speed on a dry day. Guess none of this is really
    relevant to a Rover, but there were miles and miles of trails of the road.
    A couple of us have been discussing shipping the Rovers over from Oahu for a
    3-4 day wheeling camping trip.
    Pete