LRO: Carb problems on 109 ex military SIII

From: Ross Maylor (obiedog@telusplanet.net)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 12:47:02 EDT

    I sent this message previously and got no response so either you guys are
    dead or nobody gives a rats arse.
    Installed new Zenith 361v carb to replace old one that was worn and leaking
    gas past the O ring seal into the engine resulting in rough-rich running and
    no idle no matter how much adjustments were made. The new carb is better but
    suffers from the same problem. A thicker O ring helped only slightly. I read
    on a LR web site a brief mention of glass plate grinding that may offer help
    but no details of this were provided. Can any one expand on this?

    Also is there a method of search the list archives for specific information?

    Regards
    Ross