Re: LRO: Tracking Down Vacuum Leaks + Solex Nationality

From: Paul Quin (pquin@home.com)
Date: Thu May 10 2001 - 10:44:08 EDT

    Thanks all,

    Using the cardboard tube stethoscope idea, i tracked the whistle down to
    either the packing block gasket right under the cold start body, or the
    O-ring on the cold start tube itself. I won't be able to tell for sure
    until I take the carb off this weekend.

    I'll have to whistle my way to work for a few days yet...

    Paul in Victoria.

    Ps. What nationality is the Solex Company? My girlfriend who hails from
    Bordeaux, France thought that it might be French due to all the little Solex
    mopeds that she used to see flying around Arcachon... I just assumed that
    Solex is/was a British company...