LRO: Solex Carb Accelerator Pump

From: RON WARD (ronward@synovustrust.com)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 21:02:00 EDT

    Well, the British Motor Car Day in North Georgia is this Saturday and tonight the Solex on my 1965 IIa 88" decides to spring a leak. Looks like it is coming from the pump diaphram and not so much the gasket that goes between the pump assembly and the carb body. I already have the gasket kit from RN (which I'd hoped contained the diaphram but it doesn't..just the seals) and I see they offer the accelerator pump membrane also. The green bible doesn't go into a lot of detail on rebuilding the pump assembly. Assuming I can get it, just the assembly, removed tonight, anyone have a suggestion or advice for working on this tempermental pump unit?

    I really need to get this jewel fixed so I can safely make the 300 mile round trip on Saturday!!

    TIA

    Ron Ward