Re: LRO: Stalling/Rough idling SIII

From: Zaxcoinc@aol.com
Date: Sun May 06 2001 - 14:08:21 EDT

    kwkrauss@knlaw.net writes:

    > Also it is now idling idling roughly and sometimes stalls at idle. It
    > seems to "pop-pop-pop" like an old 2 cycle Saab, but does not backfire,
    > when going down hills in gear. It doesn't burn oil.

    RE-adjust valves, warm (I know it says warm and cold, but give it a try.)
    Review your timing settings. Did you adjust the timing with the vacuum
    advance on? Ninety percent of the problems with spark ignition engines is the
    ignition system. The wires probably want to be properly separated, in good
    shape. The spark plugs want to be equally gapped and square at the ends
    instead of rounded. The interior of the dizzy wants to be clean, along with
    the rotor and inside the cap. carbon tracking looks like some spiderweb got
    stuck to the inside of the cap, and will cross fire the spark to the wrong
    cylinder. Lastly, you're sure the wires go to the appropriate cylinder?
    (because four cylinder engine will happily run with the wires right on two
    but wrong on the other two).

    God luck, You'll get it right.
    Zack