Re: LRO: Re: tyres (tires) and sizes

From: DaveB (rovergawd@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 12:31:16 EDT

    --- Richard.Clarke@nre.vic.gov.au wrote:
    > I am surprised that in the USA (that place that the rest of the world
    > sees as
    > the land of litigation) that they are being fitted to, and
    > recommended for 5.5
    > inch rims - or have they now decided they are 'approved' for the
    > narrower rim?

    nope. all the catalogs spec a 6" or wider rim. but the tire shop isn't
    likely to argue since they want your $$$ and they know they don't have
    a new set of rims to sell you. I did have one shop where an older
    gentleman refused to fit any tubelss tire to my rims whatsoever. smart
    cookie..

    dave

    =====
    They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are quite a bit dicier.

    David Foster Wallace