LRO: RE: small sandblasting cabinet

From: Vel & Maryanne Natarajan (velnma@home.com)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 00:27:34 EDT

    I borrowed a friend's Harbor Freight cheapo cabinet. It didn't seal very
    well was my only real complaint. Otherwise, it did the job. I think he
    paid $70 or so for it. It might be just a little too small for a rim.

    But it was useful in cleaning up my clutch-pedal tower and other assorted
    rusty/painted bits. My compressor ran almost constantly and could barely
    keep up. I have a 6.5 HP Craftsman (DeVilbiss?) 33 gallon. I'd let it sit
    and cool for a bit and regain some efficiency (and give myself a break). If
    I were to do it again, I'd buy a bigger compressor for sandblasting. But
    the little cabinet is nice to have to clean up parts quickly. Also, after
    using it a while, as someone else mentioned, there would be water spitting
    out along with the sand. make sure you remove that.